Celebrating 11 years of Xiaomi, founder Lei Jun announced MIUI 12.5 stable version will be released in full on April 30. Recently Xiaomi India Head Manu Kumar Jain confirmed MIUI 12.5 India launch on Facebook, but is yet to announce the exact release date. Xiaomi unveiled MIUI 12.5 globally a few weeks backs, an upgrade over MIUI 12. The new MIUI 12.5 will offer faster and smoother performance over the predecessor.
Mi 11 is the first device run on the MIUI 12.5 update. Mi Pilot testing program for MIUI 12.5 includes Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, the Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi Note 9T and more.
Redmi handsets as Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro will receive MIUI 12.5 global update. The revamped UI offers enhanced performance with improvements to CPU and power consumption.
The MIUI 12.5 update offers a set of new features with better security and performance upgrades. The new operating system is said to be better than the previous MIUI versions. MIUI 12.5 version will essentially be the base update before MIUI 13 releases. MIUI 12.5 stable version first batch of compatible models include Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra and Mi 9 SE.
MIUI 12.5 second batch stable version rollout starts at the end of May. It includes Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro, Mi 10S, Redmi K40, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Mi 10 Lite 5G, Redmi K30 Ultra, Redmi 10X, Redmi10X Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Xiaomi CC9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Xiaomi CC9, Xiaomi CC9 Meitu Custom Edition, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Mi 9, Redmi K20 Pro and Mi 9 Pro 5G.
MIUI 12.5 Update List India: MIUI 12.5 Eligible Devices, Availability
The company announced the new MIUI 12.5 device list which will be released to these select devices via OTA update. The MIUI 12.5 global release will happen in phases like the Chinese market.
First Phase (Q2, 2021)
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10
Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10T
Second Phase (Late Q2, 2021)
Mi 10 Lite 5G
Mi 10T Lite
Mi Note 10 Pro
Mi Note 10
Mi Note 10 Lite
Redmi Note 9T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9S
Redmi Note 9
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Mi Pilot Testing Program MIUI 12.5: The MIUI 12.5 Global Testing Program was until March 1, 2021 for 21 smartphone models, to go live now.
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Redmi Note 9T
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Xiaomi Mi 10i
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Poco M2 Pro
Redmi note 9
Redmi 9C NFC
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 8T
MIUI 12.5 Release Date In India: MIUI 12.5 Update Dates India?
Coming to MIUI 12.5 release date in India, it’s yet to be confirmed. Already rolled out globally, the MIUI 12.5 India availability is expected to be confirmed soon. MIUI 12.5 release date in India could happen from April, though Xiaomi will officially confirm the dates in a few days.
Xiaomi has officially announced a list of devices which will support the MIUI 12.5 update first, and the devices from the list available in India will get the update earlier.
MIUI 12.5 Features: Additions, Upgrades
MIUI 12.5 will offer optimized performance. The MIUI 12.5 is said to be more light, faster and efficient than previous versions of MIUI.
- Xiaomi has claimed it will be using 20 percent fewer cores than before with 35 percent less background memory and 25 percent less power consumption.
- Newly uninstallable System Apps include Mi Calculator, Notes App, Weather, Compass, Scanner, Mi Recorder.
- You can hide these system apps not uninstall them: Mi Music, Themes, Mi Video, Downloads and Mi File Manager.
- Xiaomi is using ‘MIUI Light Cone Motion Effect Architecture’ compared to MIUI 12.
- The new MIUI 12.5 has a new set of Super Wallpapers: Snow Mountain from Mount Siguniang, Shipwreck Bay in Greece (Navagio Beach) and Blade’s Edge Mountain in Italy.
- With MIUI 12.5, the company is also focusing more on privacy. There’s Clipboard Protection, File Storage (Sandbox Mechanism) and Browser.
- Location (Fuzzy Positioning) now has special mentions.
- Xiaomi App Store from MIUI 12.5 has special instructions for privacy including risks, avoiding malicious contents and security tampering.