Maharashtra Lockdown: Compulsory Work From Home For All Employees; Section 144 Imposed
As the nation inches towards 100,000 cases per day graph, and Maharashtra has breaches 57,000 daily cases for the first time ever, 2nd wave of coronavirus has unleashed itself, across India.
Maharashtra: Epicenter Of 2nd Wave
Maharashtra is right now the epicenter of new infections, and everyone is concerned and worried.
As a drastic measure to contain the spread of coronavirus cases, State Govt of Maharashtra has imposed strict lockdown, across the state.
As per the directives issues, Section 144 will be imposed across the state, from April 5th onwards. This means more than 5 people cannot gather or meet any where, in the state.
Lockdown will be imposed between 8PM to 7AM, and for the rest of the day, strict measures have been put into place.
Maharashtra Lockdown: Major Highlights
- All private offices to be closed, and 100% work from home from home will be imposed for all employees
- In case any employee has tested positive, he/she will not be terminated or suspended, but provided with sick leave. (It’s not clear whether they will be provided with salary or not)
- Companies in financial domain like banks etc will be open
- Entire state will be under lockdown between 8PM to 7AM
- Between 7AM and 8PM, only these shops will be allowed to be opened: Essential products (grocery shops, super markets etc), vegetable vendors, medical shops and milk vendors
- Between 8Pm to 7AM, no one should step out without any valid reason
- Transport facilities will be allowed to operate
- Although restaurants/pubs/bars will be closed, take-aways will be allowed
- Ecommerce deliveries will be allowed
- Govt offices to work at 50% capacity
- Section 144 will be imposed across all the state
- Salons, malls, cinema, gyms, clubs etc will be closed. Except essential good outlets, vegetable vendor, medical and milk outlets, every commercial activity has been closed
- All schools and colleges will be closed, but the examination of class 10th, 12th will be allowed, as per the plan
- Any apartment/society with more than 5 cases will be declared as a mini-containment zone
This is a developing story.. We will keep you updated, as more details come in.