10 Reasons Why New Hyundai i20 Is Better Than Tata Altroz, Maruti Baleno!
The much-awaited new Hyundai i20 launched on November 5 near the Diwali festival. Along with a new sporty design, the car has a slew of new features making the car stand out from its fellow competitors.
Here are some distinct features of the new Hyundai i20…
- 1 I. Hyundai BlueLink Connected Feature
- 2 II. Multi-device Bluetooth Connectivity
- 3 III. 10.25-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System with Navigation, Remote Controls
- 4 IV. Hill Assist Control
- 5 V. Puddle Lamps
- 6 VI. Oxyboost Air Purifier with air quality display’
- 7 VII. Wireless Smartphone Charging System
- 8 VIII. Clutchless Manual Transmission (iMT)
- 9 IX. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 10 X. 7-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System
I. Hyundai BlueLink Connected Feature
This Hyundai-special feature, BlueLink, was first implemented by the carmaker in 2019 in Venue. It is an Artificial Intelligence-based technology, with an inbuilt SIM card and a 24×7 call center that enhances your safety, security, and convenience. Blue Link can perform a range of functions with ease for an enhanced connected driving experience. Now, this i20 also offers this connectivity tech feature which has over 50 connected features. These features in i20 include
- Over The Air (OTA) map updates: Map updates without having to visit the dealership
- Location-based services: real-time traffic information, share the destination and real-time vehicle tracking
- Intuitive voice commands: voice assist dialing, navigation assistance, and climate control
- Remote engine controls: find my car location, remote engine start/stop, remote climate control
- Vehicle health monitoring: monthly health report, maintenance alert, driving information & behavior
- Alert services: Geo-fencing, speed alert, and time fencing alert.
II. Multi-device Bluetooth Connectivity
The multi-device Bluetooth connectivity helps users connect multiple devices to the infotainment system of i20. Although this feature can be useful for some, others may find it uncomfortable to use.
The 10.25 massive touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The BlueLink connectivity technology makes i20 the first car in the class to offer a remote start/stop system. Now you can switch the engine on/off or adjust air conditioning using your smartphone or smartwatch.
IV. Hill Assist Control
The hill assist control makes i20 much safer especially for beginners learning to drive a car. Hill ascent control and descent control are available in the i20 range-topping variants.
V. Puddle Lamps
The puddle lamps are integrated into the ORVMs with a welcome function that can show the i20 badging on the ground when lit. Although, Indian Auto feels this feature is more for aesthetics than functionality.
VI. Oxyboost Air Purifier with air quality display’
The new i20 comes with the first in the industry top-end version of Oxyboost Air Purifier with air quality display. This is especially appealing to the customers living in polluted cities and also when pollution levels can be seen rising in the country.
VII. Wireless Smartphone Charging System
The wireless smartphone charging system comes with a cooling pad which helps limit the dangers of the effects of heat on the smartphone. This feature can be seen in the top-end variants of i20.
VIII. Clutchless Manual Transmission (iMT)
The 1.0-liter turbocharged petrol variant of the i20 comes with an iMT gearbox that enables the driver to shift the gear manually with a free left leg. This is possible because of the sensors and actuators. This variant is also fuel-efficient with a claimed fuel mileage of 20.25 kmpl.
This feature is available in Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet.
IX. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The pounds per square inch pressure unit (PSI) for all the tyres of the vehicle will be shown by the TPMS. If tyre pressure in any of the tyre is low, a notification will be sent to the driver on the display which in turn will help him determine which tyre needs maintenance.
X. 7-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System
The Bose Premium sound system has two tweeters at the front, speakers on all the doors, and a sub-woofer at the rear on the boot.