Maharashtra Reopens Cinema Halls, Multiplexes From November 5th: 5 Facts You Should Know!
Maharashtra Govt has now allowed the reopening of cinema theaters, and multiplexes across the state, from November 5th, 2020.
After March 23rd, when the nation-wide lockdown was imposed, this is for the first time that Maharashtra has allowed reopening of cinema halls and multiplexes in the state.
Here are 5 facts you should know about the reopening of cinemas in Maharashtra, the home of Bollywood.
Maharastra Reopens Cinemas, Multiplexes: 5 Facts
- CInemas and multiplexes will be allowed to be reopened only with 50% capacity. This means that any auditorium will be allowed to have only half of its capacity.
- The seating arrangement will be alternate: This means that one seat will be always vacant between three seats.
- Masks will be compulsory for all visitors to the cinema halls. In some states where cinema halls have already opened, the management doesnt not allow any person to enter without masks. It’s expected that cinema threates in Maharashtra will follow the same rule.
- No outside food will be allowed inside the theater. Infact, no food will be allowed inside the auditoriums. Since majority of revenues and profits for multiplexes are generated via food sales, this can be a blow. But atleast the cinema will be opened, and this is indeed a big news.
- SoPs for cinema theaters will be issued later. Maharashtra Chief Secretary, Sanjay Kumar’s notification on the reopening of cinema theaters said: “The SOP for the same will be issued by the cultural affairs department and local authorities,”
- Besides cinema theaters, Maharashtra Govt has also allowed reooening of indoor stadiums, swimming pools and Yoga institutes.
Since October 15th, under Unlock 5.0 guidelines, cinema theaters are opened across these states:
West Bengal, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
We will keep you updated, as more details come in.