Delhi Allows Movie Theaters, Multiplex To Open From Oct 15, But Schools Not Allowed (Full Rules)
According to an order issued by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) on Wednesday, cinema halls across Delhi, except those falling in containment zones, have been allowed to open from October 15.
Opening Of Cinema Halls And Schools
As part of the Unlock 5 plan announced by the Centre, the further relaxations on the restrictions imposed, the Delhi government announced that all the cinema halls, theatres and all weekly markets will be open for operation.
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said “They have to follow all the guidelines issued by the central government,” as stressed by Delhi CM.
Basically, the move to allow all weekly markets to function will come as a relief to the poor as tweeted by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
There were only two weekly markets that could open in each zone in all the three municipal corporation areas till now.
Further, he mentioned that the theaters will open with 50% seating capacity which is in line with the Unlock 5.0 guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs last week.
In the case of schools, the Delhi government has further extended the closure of schools in the city till October 31.
Although, states are allowed to reopen schools in a phased manner from October 15 according to the order given by the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA).
Guidelines For Reopening Of Movie Theatres
- Before entering thermal screening to be carried out and only asymptomatic individuals shall be allowed.
- Only 50% occupancy of the auditorium is allowed.
- Hand wash and hand sanitizers should be provided.
- Need to maintain adequate physical distancing while sitting.
- The facility should mark the seats as ‘Not to be occupied’.
- The use and installation of Arogya Setu app shall be advised to all.
- There should be self-monitoring of health and reporting any illness.
- For patients, digital modes of payments will be encouraged.
- There must be regular cleaning and disinfection of the box office and other areas.
- For implementing social distancing, staggered show timings shall be followed for different screens.
- To avoid crowding, sufficient numbers of counters at the box office shall be opened.
- to avoid overcrowding, the purchase of tickets at the box office shall be open for a full day and advance booking to be allowed.
- The audience shall be discouraged from movement during the intermission.
- For physical distancing for queue management at the box office, floor markers shall be used.
- There shall be a public service announcement on wearing masks, physical distancing and hand hygiene before and after screening and also during intermission.
- For eatables, only packaged food and beverages shall be allowed but no delivery inside the hall.
- There shall be multiple sale counters for food and beverage.
- The measures should be taken care of the safety of sanitization of staff like adequate provision for gloves, boots, masks, PPE, etc.
- For contact tracing, the contact number shall be taken.
- Any Covid-19 related stigmatization or unruly behavior shall be dealt with strictly.
- All air conditioning temperature settings should be in the range of 24-30 degrees Celsius.