Mahindra Thar 2020 Will Surprise You: 9 Fascinating Facts You Should Know!
On the occasion of the 74th Independence Day, Mahindra launched its next-gen Mahindra Thar.
The bookings and sale for the much-awaited SUV by Mahindra will start on the same day i.e. October 2.
Ahead of its official launch, Mahindra has unveiled the key specifications including aesthetics, engine details, variants, features, and more of the next-gen Mahindra Thar.
Let us have a look…
Detailed Key Specs of the Next-Generation Mahindra Thar
I. Exterior Aesthetics
- Classic round lamps with a new grille in the middle.
- Underlining LED DRLs,
- Purpose-built bumpers,
- New LED tail-lights,
- Front fog lights
- Alloy wheels.
II. New Chasis-Built on a new body-on-frame platform.
III. Hard Top and Soft Top will be made available in the next-gen Mahindra Thar.
IV. Color Variants– New color variants added- Mystic Copper and Galaxy Grey. Other colors include Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige, and Aquamarine.
V. Series– Two series will be available- AX and LX series with three variants namely – AX AC, AX OPT & LX.
- AX series – focus on the off-road experience. Petrol and diesel powertrains. Manual gearbox system only.
- LX Series- Diesel Powertrain with an option of manual and automatic gearbox system. Petrol powertrain will have only automatic transmission.
VI. Performance Characteristics
- A 2.2 litre mHawk diesel with 130 bhp and 300 Nm of torque,
- An all-new 2.0 litre mStallion petrol engine 150 bhp and 320 Nm.
- For manual transmission, 6-speed manual gearbox.
- For automatic transmission, a 6-speed torque convertor.
- An authentic manual shift on the fly 4X4 transfer case.
VII. Interior Aesthetics– Classy all-black interiors, washable interiors, IP54 certification which means dust and water-resistant, built to withstand off-roading adventures.
VIII. Interior Tech Features
- new buttons and controls,
- 7-touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple Car Play and Android Auto with an integrated voice command,
- Roof-mounted weather-resistant speakers,
- A color multi-info display for the instrument cluster,
- A rear-view camera,
- A tilt-adjustable steering wheel with mounted audio controls,
- Power-folding mirrors,
- Keyless entry,
- Rear de-mister and more.
IX. Safety Features
- Dual airbags,
- ABS with EBD,
- Cruise control,
- Hill-hold and hill descent control,
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP),
- ISOFIX child seat mounts,
- Rear parking assist system,
- Passenger airbag deactivation switch,
- Seat belt reminder,
- Speed-sensing front door locks,
- Vehicle over-speed warning and more.