Wipro’s France-Born CEO Is India’s Highest-Paid IT CEO: 3X More Salary Than TCS CEO!
French born Thierry Delaporte has been appointed as Wipro’s new CEO. The salary which he will be getting makes him India’s highest-paid CEO of any IT firm.
This is what Thierry Delaporte will get as salary from Wipro for 5-years.
Wipro CEO Thierry Delaporte Is India’s Highest Paid IT CEO
Wipro has finalized an annual package of $4.5 million for Thierry Delaporte, the new France-born CEO, which converts to Rs 37.9 crore.
This is the highest paycheck for any CEO of any Indian IT company.
Along with this, Thierry will also receive stock options and incentives based on the performance. His tenure will be for 5 years from July 6, 2020, to July 5, 2025..
Here is a breakdown of his compensation:
- Basic pay of 1.07-1.4 million euros per year
- Target variable pay in the range of 1.7-2.5 million euros per year
- Expatriate allowance in the range of 428,000-550,000 euros for spending time outside France and India “for assignments outside France and India (principal country of employer) at the per diem rate for each day of travel outside France and India that is determined by the company and based on the actual days of such travel”.
- One-time cash award of $3 million, which will be paid in two installments
- Tons of restricted stock units (annual stock grant and one-time RSU grant)
- And more
He was earlier working with Capgemini as Chief Operating Officer.
Abidali Neemuchwala was Wipro’s last CEO, who received a compensation of Rs 32.2 crore, which included Rs 7.6 crore in basic salary, Rs 9.1 crore in incentives, Rs 15.4 crore in other annual compensation and Rs 3.39 lakh in retirals.
What Other IT CEOs Are Getting: TCS, Infosys, Tech M, HCL
India’s biggest IT services company: TCS has recently slashed the salary of their CEO Rajesh Gopinathan to Rs 13.3 crore from Rs 16.04 crore last fiscal year.
This way, Wipro’s France born CEO will get almost three-times salary of TCS CEO.
HCL CEO Vijayakumar drew Rs 27.94 crore salary last year. In 2018, he was India’s highest-paid IT CEO.