Home Delivery Of Alcohol Allowed In Maharashtra; But Pay Rs 1020 For ‘Permit’ (How To Apply?)
Many States in the country have opened online portals or partnered with online delivery players to allow delivery of alcohol to avoid crowds at the liqour stores and promote social distancing!
Now Maharashtra state government has allowed doorstep delivery of alcohol in several parts of the state, except for in containment zones.
Read to find out more…
Customers Need a Liquor Permit to Purchase Alcohol in Maharashtra!
According to the guidelines, shopkeepers will be able to deliver liquor only to those customers who have a liquor permit in the state.
Meanwhile, the state government also allowed online delivery platforms such as Swiggy and Zomato to deliver alcohol in select districts of the state, except for Mumbai.
Amidst the COVID-19 crisis, the decision to permit home delivery of alcohol was taken to encourage social distancing in the state. Maharashtra is one of the worst affected states in the country by the pandemic.
Meanwhile, online delivery platforms such as Swiggy and Zomato have started doorstep delivery of alcohol in parts of Jharkhand including the capital, Ranchi. The Maharashtra government has also allowed the online delivery platforms to deliver alcohol in parts of the state and more details from the companies over this are expected soon.
How To Apply for a Liquor Permit in Maharashtra?
To apply for a liquor permit, the customers need to follow the given steps:
- Go to Aaple Sarkar website and create a user ID.
- To create a user ID, select ‘New User? Register Here’ option, then click on ‘Option 1’ and provide relevant details such as City/District and mobile number.
- The users will also be required to provide a username and password, date of birth, and age. The process will be completed after entering an OTP that is sent to the registered mobile number.
- After successfully registering the username on the Aaple Sarkar website, open the Maharashtra State Excise website.
- Provide the freshly created login details, and look for the option, ‘11) Permit for the purchase, possession, transport, use and consumption of Foreign Liquor and Country Liquor in the State of Maharashtra(F. L. X-C)’ on the left side of the screen.
- Users now will be required to fill up a new form. Once the credentials are in place, select “Permanent Permit” in the drop-down option at the bottom and click on submit.
- Upload documents such as a photograph (160x200pixels) that should be between 5kb to 20kb in size. Users will also be required to provide their scanned signature (256x64pixels) of the same size. Note: Make sure to save the scanned documents as ‘photo’, ‘signature’ etc. without any space or special characters.
- Similarly, follow the instructions and upload address proof such as PAN, driving license/passport/Aadhaar in PDF format. Users can convert image files (such as JPG) to PDF.
- The process will be completed after making a mandatory permit payment of Rs 1,020.60 (GST included). Users can make the payment via credit/debit card, internet banking, mobile wallet. Do note that different payment options might charge extra money.
- The processing time may take up to 5 days. Users are advised to keep checking the submitted form via Maharashtra State Excise website. Once the application is processed, you will be able to download the e-permit. The download option will appear under the ‘receipt’ column.