This State Is Giving Is Free, Cashless Health Insurance For All Citizens; 1st State In India To Do So..
In these crucial times of the Coronavirus pandemic increasing as the days go by, Maharashtra Health Minister has announced that they will be offering free cashless insurance to all the citizens of the state.
This would make Maharashtra the first ever state in India to implement such a scheme!
This comes at a time when the Coronavirus has affected Maharashtra the most of all the states in India.
Find out all the details about Maharashtra’s free health insurance scheme right here!
Maharashtra Health Minister Announces Citizens To Get Free Health Insurance
The government of Maharashtra, Rajesh Tope, has announced that free health insurance will be offered to the citizens of Maharashtra. This scheme will be implemented under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana. Moreover, the insurance will be absolutely free and cashless.
However, the citizens will be required to produce valid documents to avail the insurance such as ration card and domicile certificate.
Tope said, “The government has signed a MoU with the General Insurance Public Sector Association (GIPSA) for treatment of COVID-19 patients at private hospitals in Pune and Mumbai.”
Free Health Insurance Will Be Available For Government Employees And Ration Card Holders
As of now, this insurance covers 85% of the population, but it will be extended to the remaining 15% as well, as revealed by Tope. Also, he revealed that from now on, the state government, semi-government employees, and white ration card holders will be able to apply for this scheme. This has been done to make sure that private hospitals refrain from overcharging patients.
The minister also announced that there will be different packages designed for all the diseases, which will help standardize treatment fees at all hospitals. Previously, 496 hospitals were a part of this scheme, and now, more than 1000 hospitals will be included in the same scheme.
As per reports, Maharashtra is the worst affected state with the most number of confirmed Coronavirus cases. The state has reported as much as 10498 confirmed cases, with 1773 patients cured and the death toll stands at 459.