#Lockdown: Delhi Is Open For Business, IT Firms, BPOs Can Open: What Is Closed Now?
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced some big relief for all citizens in Delhi, as rules have been relaxed effective May 4th, Monday.
Delhi CM has declared that people must now learn to live with the coronavirus.
What has been opened, and what is still closed now?
Lockdown 3.0: Rules Relaxed
Even as the nationwide lockdown has been extended for 2 more weeks till May 17th, Delhi Govt has allowed big relaxation of rules for all citizens.
IT Firms and BPOs, call centers can now open, albeit with 33% staff strength.
Delhi CM said, “Time has come to reopen Delhi. We will have to be ready to live with coronavirus. We will have to get used to it,”
The CM also urged the Centre to declare red zones only those areas in Delhi where cases have spiked. As of now, all 11 districts within Delhi are containment zones.
All Govt offices and banks are anyways opened, all across the nation.
What Is Open, And What Is Closed In Delhi Now?
Here are the list of services, operations which are still closed in Delhi:
- Delhi Metro, buses, local trains are closed
- Malls, cinemas, salons, market complexes are closed
- Religious places are closed
- People above 65 years and kids below 10 years are not allowed to go out
List of services/operations/activities which are now allowed:
- eCommerce can deliver all essential products and items in Delhi
- Delhi Govt offices for essential services to be open with full strength
- Private offices, IT firms, call centers, BPOs can open with 33% strength
- Wedding allowed, with 50 people max
- Funerals with 20 people max
- Self-employed professionals like plumbers, electricians, carpenters, household helps can now work
- 4-wheelers alllowed with 2 persons (except driver), and two-wheelers allowed wth one person
- All shops selling essential items can be opened
We will keep you updated, as more details come in.