Top 13 Upcoming Camera Features For OnePlus Smartphones In 2020 & Beyond!
What makes OnePlus different from others? They keep their ears on the ground, and actually listen to what their loyal customers are saying.
Giving a practical demonstration of this fact, OnePlus conducted a two-day workshop ‘Open Ear Forum’ in New York, where they received feedback from its users to understand the software and hardware updates that can be incorporated in 2020.
Upon hearing and evaluating the challenges received from the invited videographers OnePlus has aimed to upgrade its camera experience this year by improving shutter speed, upgrading auto focus consistency and super 4k stabilization.
Checkout what all OnePlus users can expect from the brand, in 2020 and beyond!
Top 13 Camera Updates For Future OnePlus Smartphones
- Identical Exposure and White Balance: The main aim being improving the white balance shift, priority is also to tuning the cameras to have identical exposure and colour consistency.
- Auto Focus: The year 2020 will definitely see software as well as hardware changes in the consistent autofocus of the phone’s cameras.
- Skin tone Improvement: Being at its top priorities, One Plus is set to improve the skin tone consistency.
- Sharpness: The company is trying to set stability between sharpness and noise to improve overall sharpness.
- Super 4K Stabilization:The 4K stabilisation can be seen in future devices and not in current devices due to hardware limitations. Support for 4K noise,reduction in noise and improving low light quality are key features of super 4K stabilisation.
- Dynamic Range and Light Flickering: After hearing a lot of feedback on the subject, solutions for dynamic range and de-flickering are being made to solve the issues.
- Smooth Panning Shots and Shutter Speed: Improving panning shots stabilisation by increasing smoothness is work under progress since last year. Increasing the shutter speed will be seen constantly in the upcoming updates.
- Lens Feature Parity:The company is estimated to bring full-HD (1080p) and 4K support in all three camera sensors with the option to switch between lenses while recording in its future devices and not in current devices due to hardware limitations.
- Optimising 4K record length and Zoom-in time-lapse: The feature will have limited record length after considering the overall performance and temperature of the phone. Zooming support for time-lapse is still under research.
- Video Editing and Night Mode: OnePlus is working on night mode for video, colour grading and LUT options and, improving the user experience and upgrading the quality related video tools available in the Gallery app.
- Optimising the Depth of field for tele camera recording.
- Simultaneous recording through 2 cameras– Wide + Ultra wide or Rear + Front.
- Single-handed use: Solutions for single-handed zooming which will tackle issues like unable to reach the top bar on the phone for features and similar.
The forum post mentions features such as reverse recording, pro video mode, AR emoji and stickers, social media mode, and light painting mode that OnePlus has put on hold for the time being to give focus to the higher priority feature requests.
The Image Product Manager at OnePlus, Zack Zhang in the forum post said, “We hope these commitments are in line with your expectations for videography, and hopefully they will address some pain points you might have.”
The new display introduced by OnePlus alongside the ongoing camera developments would surely put OnePlus one step ahead in the ongoing competition between the latest features and affordability issues.
We will keep you updated, as more details come in.