8 Interesting Facts About Kia Carnival: The New MPV From Kia With Stunning Features! (Price, Power, Design & More)
As per the reports, Kia Motors has now announced that its offering has received 1,410 bookings on the first day, after unveiling the upcoming Carnival MPV on January 16.
How Did This Happen?
On 21st Jan, the Pre-booking for Carnival opened and received an overwhelming response even before its scheduled launch and price reveal at the Auto Expo in February.
The prospective customers of the Carnival have already pre-booked it online at the official Kia Motors India website and via the 265 touchpoints across the country by paying a booking amount of Rs 1 lakh.
What Are The Facts About Kia Carnival?
Let have a walkthrough of details which consists of 8 Interesting Facts about Kia Carnival that you must know.
- The Kia Carnival is being offered in luxurious three trims – Premium, Prestige and Limousine – and with multiple seating configurations of 7, 8 and 9.
- Out of the total received booking, around 64 percent of the bookings received so far is for the top-of-the-line Limousine trim.
- The Kia Carnival is powered by a 2.2L VGT BS6 diesel engine paired with an 8-speed Sportsmatic transmission and the class-leading drivetrain has been engineered for smooth, effortless performance.
- The new MPV is available with notable features such as Dual Panel Electric Sunroof, VIP Seats with 10.1-inch Dual Touchscreen Rear Seat Entertainment System, One-Touch Power Sliding Door and Smart Power Tailgate among others.
- The Kia Carnival is equipped with 37 UVO smart connected car features, best of which can be now accessed through smartwatch as well. Prices of all the variants will be announced on February 5, 2020, at the Auto Expo.
- This new Carnival MPV will be available with an 8-speed automatic transmission only. Kia has no plans of offering a petrol or a manual transmission variant.
- Aldo the safety features in the Kia Carnival include six airbags, ABS with EBD, front and rear parking sensors, electronic stability control, and electric parking brake with auto hold.
- It is expected that the prices for the Kia Carnival will start from Rs 27 lakh (ex-showroom). Due to its niche position, the Kia Carnival doesn’t have any direct rivals. The closest rival in the Indian market is the Toyota Innova Crysta.
What Does Kia Say About This Development?
While talking about the booking milestone, Mr Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director & CEO, Kia Motors India, said, “We are thrilled with the reception that the Kia Carnival has got even before its launch. We attained 1,410 bookings for Kia’s new offering in the Indian market in just one day after we started accepting pre-orders. This heartening response to our first product in this aspirational category is proof of the power of Kia Brand in India. It is also clear that there was an unmet demand for a world-class product like the Carnival in India. Our priority now is to make sure our extravagant design Carnival reaches those who have reposed faith in it and in Kia Motors at the earliest,”.