8700 Trains Will Get Content On-Demand Service: Watch Movies, Shows While Travelling In Train Via Train-Media Servers
There have been lots of news about Indian Railways setting up Content on Demand Service in their trains and railway stations as well, and the national transporter is finally delivering on their word.
Yes, Indian Railways will soon offer Content on Demand Service (CoD)’ on trains and railway stations, in order to boost revenues.
So what can we watch on the Content on Demand service? Let’s find out!
Online content is all the craze right now, and a huge source of entertainment for everyone right one. We can access online content almost everywhere now, and soon enough, it will be on our trains and railway stations as well.
Content On Demand Service From Indian Railways
The primary intention of the Indian Railways behind this is to generate more revenue. Indian Railways has collaborated with RailTel to offer the Content on Demand service to the passengers.
There will be uninterrupted online entertainment services, free and subscription-based as well, wherein the streaming will be of high quality and free of buffering on their smartphones during their journeys.
RailTel will be providing the Content on Demand (CoD) Service through Margo Network, which will act as the Digital Entertainment Service Provider (DESP) on trains and railway stations.
The press release by the Ministry of Railways has revealed, “The Content on Demand service will not only improve overall passenger experience but at the same time will increase the non-fare revenue through multiple monetization models.”
All You Need To Know About Online Content By RailTel
- The project will take two years to go live, around 2022, and will provide content such as movies, shows, educational programs, etc. There will be paid and unpaid subscriptions as well.
- RailTel will also be preloading the media servers with multilingual content (Movies, Music Videos, General Entertainment, Lifestyle etc). The media servers will be installed in trains.
- It will also come with e-commerce/m-commerce services in various domains, such as travel bookings (cab, bus, train) and provide various innovative solutions in the digital marketing domain.
- The project will be covering 17 zones of the Indian Railways.
- There will be three streams from where the money will come in – advertisement based monetization, subscription-based monetization and e-commerce/partnership services.
- Around 8731 trains, including suburban trains, will get this service. CoD will also be available at all Wi-Fi enabled railway stations, and as of date, the number is about 5,563 railway stations.