You Can Generate Instant e-PAN For Rs 50! This Is How It Works (Step By Step Process)
The Government of India has made the PAN card a necessity for all the citizens, and this document is mandatory for many operations, such as tax filing, bank account opening and what not.
But as all the government procedures go for obtaining any document, getting a PAN card is no exception. However, we have good news – you can now obtain your PAN card through an online process as well!
In addition to issuing en ePAN, you can also reprint your PAN card, and that too, at only 50 bucks!
Find out how to get an ePAN and how to reprint your PAN card right here!
Get Instant ePAN: A Step-by-step Guide
If you want to get en ePAN card, follow this process:
- First, apply for the said ePAN here.
- Next, there will be an option that says, ‘Apply for new PAN card (Form 49A).’
- After the next webpage opens, click on the ‘digital mode’ for getting an ePAN instantly. This mode doesn’t require you to submit any physical copies of any documents. Also, the application form will be signed by using an Aadhaar based eSignature or digital signature.
- Be sure that your Aadhaar card is linked to your current mobile phone number, as an OTP will be sent to that number for KYC purposes.
- You will also be required to upload an image of your signature and a recently clicked photograph is necessary as well.
This platform does not ask for any DOB proofs, or address proofs. The ePAN is created by using the information that is available on the Aadhaar card, and hence make sure all the information on your Aadhaar card is correct.
Also, remember that if there is any mismatch in the data, your application can get rejected.
Get Your PAN Reprinted Only For Rs. 50: Here’s How!
If your PAN card is damaged or lost, here is an easy and simple way through which you can recover the PAN card by reprinting it. You just have to log on to the NSDL or the UTIITSL website, and click on the ‘Reprint PAN card’ option. You will have to provide your permanent account number, Aadhaar number, and date of birth.
You should not use this option if you have to make any changes to the PAN card. Both the NSDL and UTIITSL will charge you a fee of Rs. 50 for delivering your PAN card to your doorstep, be it anywhere in India. If you want it delivered outside of India, the fee charged will be Rs. 950.
For a reprint of your PAN card, you won’t need a hard copy of your PAN card, only a soft copy will work. The PDF file that the income tax department will issue will be of equal importance to the physical copy of the PAN card.