Indian Railways Launching New Trains In 2019: Humsafar, Antyodaya, UDAY Express & More! (Detailed List)
Continuing with its streak of announcing good news, Indian Railways has announced its plan of introducing numerous trains in 2019. Reports have been confirmed that some more trains of Humsafar Express, Antyodaya Express, and Uday Express are to be launched soon.
Additionally, the Indian Railways has also unveiled several trains in India in 2019, and this year has definitely been and will be a good year for the Indian Railways and will help the national transporter scale new heights.
The addition of these trains will definitely ensure an even better experience for railway passengers, let’s find out how!
High Target Set For Production of Coaches
As per reports, the Indian Railways is planning to introduce around 20 new trains of the Humsafar Express, and 10 of the Antyodaya Express. A senior official from Railway Ministry revealed that the target for production of coaches in the year 2019-20 is 200 for the Humsafar Express and 100 for Antyodaya. This means that in the year 2019-20, as much as 10 Humsafar Express trains will be launched and 5 Antyodaya trains will be up and running.
Both these trains will come with modern LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) coaches.
While previously Indian Railways has broken records by producing around 6000 rail coaches, Indian Railways aims to manufacture over 4000 LHB coaches in the current financial year with the intention to replace the ICF design coaches.
Along with the Humsafar Express and Antyodaya express, the second version of Uday Express (Utkrisht Double Decker Air Conditioned Yatri Express), will also be introduced as well.
Vande Bharat Express/Train 18 Launched in 2019
Speaking of the launch of trains in 2019, Train 18, also known as the Vande Bharat Express was launched in February 2019 by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. Train 18 is the fastest train in India and is fully Make in India.
Train 18 runs at a super speed of 180 kmph, which no train has ever been able to manage. Its first journey was from New Delhi to Varanasi and will continue to run on the same route for about 5 days a week.
Trains To Be Launched in 2019
Here is a complete list of all the trains that will be launched in this year:
- Anand Vihar (T) – Madhupur: Weekly Humsafar Express
- Ara – Ranchi: Weekly Express Trains
- Bandra Terminus-Bhusaval: Khandesh Express
- Bandra Terminus – Jamnagar: Humsafar Express
- Banaswadi – Patna: Weekly Humsafar Express
- Chennai – Mysuru: Express Train
- Chennai Egmore – Madurai: Tejas Express
- Chennai Egmore – Kollam: Express
- Hubballi – Mysuru Vishwamanava Express
- H.S.Nanded – H.Nizamuddin: Marathwada Sampark Kranti Weekly Express
- Hubballi – Gangavathi: Passenger Special
- Indore – Bikaner: Express
- Kolkata – Silghat: Weekly Express Trains
- LTT – Madgaon: AC Double Decker Express
- Nellore – Moore Market Complex: MEMU Train
- New Delhi-Varanasi: Vande Bharat Express
- Pune-Ajni: Super Fast Humsafar Express
- Pune – Nagpur: Humsafar Express
- Patna-Banaswadi: Humsafar Weekly Express
- Ranchi-Patna AC Weekly Express
- Silghat Town – Tambaram: Nagaon Express
- Trains to Cities of Telangana
- Tatanagar-Badampahar: DEMU Passenger Train
- Udhna – Paldhi: MEMU Special
- Udhna– Nandurbar: MEMU Special
- Vadodara – Rewa: Weekly Mahamana Express
- Yesvantpur – Shivamogga Town: Janshatabdi Express
- Yesvantpur – Mangaluru Central: Tri-Weekly Express
- Yesvantpur-H.Nizamuddin: Weekly Express
We will keep updating this list as we receive new information about the trains being launched by Indian Railways.