Govt. To Give Rs 5 lakh Free Insurance To 10 Cr Families; Find Out If You Are Eligible!
This is world's largest such healthcare program for citizens.
World’s largest public healthcare program: Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) has been officially launched.
Covering 10 crore+ families, all over India, Indian Govt. will hand over free health insurance worth Rs 5 lakh to these families. This way, more than 50 crore Indians will get benefitted, as they can avail absolutely no cost health insurance, pan-India.
Are you eligible to receive this insurance?
Keep reading to find out more!
ModiCare Is Now Live!
Yesterday, PM Modi launched ModiCare, also called Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) from Ranchi in Jharkhand.
Under this ambitious health care program, which is also World’s biggest such social welfare scheme, around 10.74 crore families can get absolutely free health care services from a network of Empanelled Health Care Providers.
Why This Health Program Was Necessary?
Mainly because of India’s poor healthcare record. Sample this: As per 71st Round of National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO), 85.9% of rural households, and 82% of urban households have no health cover!
Only 17% of Indians spend atleast 10% of their monthly income on healthcare services, and often, serious health issues can drag the entire household into massive debt.
Around 1,350 medical packages have been created, which covers surgery, medical and daycare treatments including medicines, diagnostics and transport.
Aadhaar Card Is Mandatory?
To start with, Aadhaar is not compulsory to avail healthcare benefits under this scheme. Any valid ID card like Voter ID, Aadhaar, or Ration Card would be enough to act as a valid document and start availing the healthcare benefits.
The person needs to visit mera.pmjay.gov.in or call up the helpline (14555) to enroll themselves. By entering the mobile number, and generating OTP for KYC, the enrollment will be completed.
However, the important question which arises: Who all are eligible?
Are You Eligible For This Healthcare Program?
There are basically two categories of users, who are eligible for this healthcare insurance: Rural and Urban resident.
Check Eligibility For Rural Resident:
- Families which are living in one room with “kuchcha walls and kuchcha roof”
- Families with no adult male aged between 16 and 59 years
- A family headed by a female, wherein there is no adult male aged between 16 and 59 years
- Families with at least one disabled person, and no able-bodied adult
- All SC/ST households
- Landless, migrant laborers, whose primary source of income is manual labor
- Manual scavenger families
- Destitutes, who survive on alms
- Legally-released bonded laborer
- Primitive tribal families
Check Eligibility For Urban Resident:
Here are 11 categories of occupation, who are eligible for this health insurance:
- Domestic workers, who have either arrived from any other state, or from the urban location
- Street vendor/cobbler/ hawkers working from the street
- Construction worker/ plumber/ mason/ labour/ painter/ welder/ security guard/ coolie
- Home-based worker/ artisan/ handicrafts worker / tailor
- Sweeper/ sanitation worker / gardener
- Transport worker/ driver/ conductor/ helper to drivers and conductors/ cart puller and rickshaw pullers
- Shop worker/ assistant/ peon in small establishment/ helper/ delivery assistant / attendant/ waiter
- Electrician/ mechanic/ assembler/ repair worker
- Washer-man/ chowkidar
How To Check Eligibility Online?
Step #1: Visit https://www.abnhpm.gov.in/
Step #2: Click on “Am I Eligible” tab
Step #3: Enter your mobile number to generate OTP. Enter the OTP
Step #4: Get the details on your mobile.
Note here, that in case any family or individual is eligible for this scheme, he or she will be automatically enrolled as per the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database.
You can download essential documents here.
We will keep you updated, as we receive more information.