Uber India Registers 115% Year-On-Year Growth; 10 Mind-Boggling Numbers From Their Journey Till Now!
It has been quite an eventful journey so far!
App-based taxi hailing start-up Uber has certainly disrupted the way transportation happens, all over the world. Without even owning a single cab, the way they have created a $50 billion behemoth is nothing short of a miracle.
When it comes to India, then their journey has been nothing short of an adventure.
Uber India head recently claimed that the company has grown more than 100% year on year, and the numbers prove it.
Uber President India and South Asia Amit Jain said, “Uber launched in India four years ago as the 18th country for us with just 3 employees. Today, we have over 1,000 employees and continue our exponential growth journey,”
As per the details shared by Amit, Uber India has grown 115%, year on year, as per July, 2017.
Here are 10 mind-boggling numbers, shared by Uber recently:
- Number of completed trips have increased from 19.2 million in July 2016 to 41.3 million in July, 2017.
- Overall, Uber India has completed massive 500 million trips, across 29 cities and with the help of 2.85 lakh drivers. 8 million riders are using Uber India app daily.
- 80% of Uber drivers in India, who are online for more than 6 hours a day, are making between Rs 1500 to Rs 2000, daily. (after deducting Uber’s fee).
- UberPOOL, which is currently available in Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, and Pune account for 25% of all Uber trips, per day.
- As per Uber, UberPOOL riders have saved drivers an additional 48 million kms of travel, which is equal to 62 trips to moon and back!
- UberPOOL rides have helped to save 2.3 million litres of fuel, and emission of over 5.3 million kilograms of carbon dioxide.
- Out of 500 million trips completed, the shortest ride has been of 0.5 kms, and the longest trip has been of 45 kms (this certainly excludes Uber Hire trips)
- Chandigarh-based driver Jaswinder Singh is the one who has completed maximum trips on Uber: 12,574; whereas at #2 is Chennai-based driver Raghupathy M: 12,354
- An unnamed rider from Chennai has taken maximum trips so far: 3485
- Riders from 94 countries have so far taken an Uber ride in India, wherein visitors from US & Canada have taken maximum rides. As per Uber, 369,003 US citizens have so far taken an Uber ride in India.
If given a choice between Uber and Ola, which app-based cab hailing service will you choose? Do let us know by commenting right here!