National Career Service Portal Is Now Live; 4.5 Cr Job Seekers Across 959 Employment Exchanges Can Apply for Govt As Well As Private Jobs
PM Modi has launched India’s biggest, and most comprehensive job portal: National Career Service which aims to connect all existing employment centers, and create one of it’s kind online employment exchange board.
NSC will directly benefit 4.48 crore job seekers who are already registered across 959 employment exchanges across the country. At the time of launch, 2 crore job seekers are already on-board of this massive job portal, and within the next few days, all remaining candidates would find themselves inside their database.
The most striking aspect of NSC is that, not only Govt. jobs, but private jobs would also be listed on the portal. Govt. has already initiated talks to include 900,000 privately registered companies into the portal.
Labor Ministry has allocated a budget of Rs 100 crore to make this portal as ‘one stop destination’ for all types of jobs available in the market. Although registrations are fee, applicants would be required to link their Aadhaar Card with the account to filter out genuine applicants and companies which are registering as employers need to submit their registration papers for authentication.
Out of 4.48 crore job seekers already registered with various employment exchanges, 2.6 crore are those who are under 29 years of age. Creating an online, unified job portal for the whole country is certainly targeting this segment of job seekers, who are comfortable using Internet and are aware of their preferences.
As per the website, here is an overview of the job ecosystem:
And an overview of the process flow:
Salient features of this job portal:
- From day 1, this job portal has included: 2,04,07,548 registered job seekers (2.04 crore), 1031 career centers, 129 career counselors, 1684 registered employers from 53 industries and 23,956 Subject Matter Experts
- Rest 2.44 cr registered job seekers would be included within next 6 months
- This portal would be linked with every employment exchange across India, and all Ministries and Govt. Departments would be mandated to share their job requirements on this website.
- In the first stage, 100 employment exchanges (out of 959) would be digitalized and enhanced to include career counselors and Subject Matter Experts as well. Govt. has allocated a budget of Rs 144 crore for the same. These employment exchanges will be rechristened as National Career Counseling Centers
- Ministry of Entrepreneurship, Skill India Mission and MSME Ministry would be directly linked with the job portal, so that startups and SMEs can pick the right candidates for their ventures.
- The portal will these features: job posting, career counseling, aptitude assessment, job matching, skill courses, training providers. Special guidance courses on self-employment and entrepreneurship would also start in next few months
- This job portal has been designed to create a melting point of three major Govt. initiatives: Digital India, Skill India and Make in India
- PM Modi has specifically shared that candidates who are seeking jobs should first be counseled as per his/her area of interest and capability, and mapping needs to done before initiating Skill enhancement program. This online portal and National Career Counseling Centers would serve the same purpose of mapping skills with market opportunities
Although various job portals such as Naukri, Monster etc exist as of now, to connect employees with employers; but services are not free on these sites. National Career Service is not only free, but also provides Govt. as well private jobs, along with counseling and other services.
If maintained and optimized well, this portal has the fire to disrupt the existing job market in India.