India’s February 2012 exports witnessed a surge by 4.3% year-on-year to arrive at $24.6 billion, while the value of imports logged a growth of 20.6% at $39.8 billion during the month.
The total tally of imports for the 11 months of the fiscal 2011-12 stood at $434 billion, taking the sum of trade deficit during April 2011 to Feb 2012 to $166.8 billion.
Specifically, February month settled with a trade deficit of $15.2 billion, hit by higher imports and surging crude prices screwing up the equation further. India’s January trade deficit stood at $14.7 billion, with oil imports of $12.32 billion adding to the woes.
- India August Exports: $24.36 billion
- India September Exports: $24.80 billion
- India October Exports: $19.90 billion
- India November Exports: $22.30 billion
- India December Exports: $22.50 billion
- India January Exports: $25.35 billion