Business women from India, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong have crowded the Forbes list of 50 most powerful women in Asia. Youngest amongst the lot is India’s most familiar face – Ekta Kapoor, aged 36, the queen of Indian soap opera.
Most celebrated among the Indian top performers in the Forbes list is Vinita Bali of Britannia Industries, followed by Shobhana Bhartia of HT Media, both of whom hogged the limelight in the list of elite business women.
Of course, how can this list look complete without the inclusion of ICICI Bank’s Chanda Kochhar and Shikha Sharma of Axis Bank both of whom have spearheaded their respective banking organization for years.
8 Indians in the Forbes list of Asia’s 50 powerful business women
- Vinita Bali – Britannia Industries
- Shobhana Bhartia – HT Media
- Ekta Kapoor – Balaji Telefilms
- Chanda Kochhar – ICICI Bank
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw – Biocon
- Zia Mody – AZB & Partners
- Shikha Sharma – Axis Bank
- Mallika Srinivasan – Tractors & Farm Equipment