Airtel VoLTE: Airtel Phone Specs, Compatible Smartphones & Other FAQs!
Here's a list of FAQs and compatible smartphones for Airtel VoLTE.
Yesterday, Airtel unleashed their own version of 4G VoLTE services, starting from Mumbai.
We had already discussed how entry of Airtel in the sparsely populated VoLTE niche will change telecom industry, as Jio has now a competitor on equal footing, and very soon, other telecom players will also jump on the bandwagon.
More than 30 crore active users, along with other telecom users’ are now trying to find more information about the newly launched VoLTE services, as they will soon offer sizzling discounts and new plans to lure more customers.
Airtel’s much hyped 4G VoLTE handsets is also being searched for, as users are already comparing the same with Jio phone, the demand for which is already more than what was expected.
So, here are the answers to the most crucial questions, when it comes to Airtel’s VoLTE services:
Possible Specifications Of Airtel VoLTE Phone
As per initial hints received, Airtel’s 4G VoLTE handset would be based on Android 7.0 Nougat, and will be a dual-SIM handset. Besides, it will have some pre-loaded apps, from 3rd parties, under arrangement from Airtel.
Airtel has already declared that unlike Jio’s ultra low cost, effective free handsets, their handsets won’t be subsidized, but would be bundled as a result of partnership between smartphone maker and Airtel.
Expected price: Rs 2500-2700.
Summary of expected specifications:
- 4-inch display
- 1400–1600 mAh battery
- 1 GB RAM; Quad core processer
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Dual SIM Slot, Dual Camera
- 4G VoLTE Calling
Compatible Handsets With Airtel VoLTE Services
While announcing their VoLTE launch in Mumbai, Airtel had made an important differentiator, when it comes to similar services by Jio: their handsets.
While Jio’s handsets are LTE-only, Airtel’s handsets won’t be so. This means, that if there is no 4G VoLTE network, then Airtel users will automatically fal back to 3G/2G network, thereby reducing call drops.
In their announcement, Airtel informed that these are the compatible handsets as of now, which can support their VoLTE network right now:
- Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6S, 6S Plus
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Gionee A1
- Oppo F3
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy J2
- Samsung Galaxy A8
Other Major FAQs
- There won’t be any extra charge for using Airtel’s VoLTE network, and any data used under VoLTE services won’t be deducted from the main data pack (at least for next few days)
- Even if your handset is compatible, you will need a 4G SIM to be able to use their latest VoLTE network
- Android users can turn on their VoLTE calls by following this route: Settings> Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call; whereas iOS users can do the same by: Settings> Mobile Data>Mobile Data Options> Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data.
- Users can also call Airtel Helpline at 121
- If VoLTE network is activated, users will get this sign: “HD/VoLTE”. This will mean that users are able to use VoLTE network. Apple users won’t be able to view such additional signs.
Will you ditch Jio for Airtel’s VoLTE services? Do let us know by commenting right here!