Top 7 Features Of Nokia 8; Full Specifications, Alternatives, Price and India Launch
This is going to be the new Nokia's first flagship.
HMD Global have revealed their most awaited flagship device, the Nokia 8. It is the fourth ‘Nokia’ branded Android device from HMD after Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3.
The makers have confirmed the India launch too.
But does the Nokia 8 stand out at all? Let us find out.
Nokia 8: Top 7 Features
The 7 top of the line features in Nokia 8, which makes it stand tall in the crowd.
1. 13MP Dual Cameras With Carl Zeiss Lenses
Nokia 8 will come equipped with two dual 13MP sensors by Carl Zeiss. It can take some stellar shots with an aperture of f/2.0. It sports PDAF and has a dual tone LED flash on board.
2. Inbuilt ‘Bothie’ Feature
Nokia 8 is the first smartphone to come with the ‘Bothie‘ feature. It is basically a Dual-Sight mode which enables you use both the cameras at the same time, and include both the shots in the same image.
3. Nokia Ozo Spatial 360 Degree Audio Technology
It will come with Spatial 360 Degree Audio Technology, that will allow the Nokia 8 to capture crisp and clear sounds by removing all the ambient and background noise from recordings.
4. Qualcomm’s Flagship Snapdragon 835 Processor
Nokia 8 will run the latest flagship processor from Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 835. The octa-core processor will be supported 4GB LPDDR 4X RAM.
5. Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat UI
This is perhaps the most important feature of this device. The smartphone will run stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. This will ensure almost immediate updates and freedom from unnecessary bloatware.
6. 6000 Series Aluminium – Metal Build
The smartphone will be constructed of 6000 series aluminium giving the device a sturdy built with a premium look.
7. Water/Splash Resistance
The device will come with IP54 Certification which makes it water-resistant to a certain degree.
From a stellar camera to some top notch specs, Nokia 8 will be pitted against some of the big flagships.
- Display and Build – Nokia 8 will boast an all-aluminium build, with a 5.3 inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) display with 2.5D curved display on top with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It sports a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button.
- Hardware and Processor – The device will come equipped with a flagship-class chipset, the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 coupled with 4GB LPDDR 4X RAM.
- Software – It will run stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
- Camera – The device will feature two 13MP sensors on the back with Carl Zeiss lenses. While one captures coloured OIS shots, the second one shoots in monochrome. It has an aperture of f/2.0. It supports PDAF and will come with a dual tone flash. It’s a 13MP shooter on front with an f/2.0 aperture.
- Storage – Nokia 8 will come with 64GB storage space, which can be further expanded to 256GB with an external memory card.
- Connectivity and Sim Support – It has Bluetooth v5 and supports 4G VoLTE. It can take in two SIM cards.
- Water/Splash Resistance – Nokia 8 will come with IP54 certification, which makes it water-resistant to a certain degree.
- Battery – The smartphone is powered by a 3090 mAh non-removable battery and will support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Colour Variants – It will be available in four colour variants; Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper.
- Price – Nokia 8 has been priced at € 599 (which is roughly Rs. 45,200).
Table of Specifications
|Display||5.3 inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) display with 2.5D curved display on top with Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|Hardware||Octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 coupled 4GB LPDDR 4X RAM|
|Software||Android Nougat 7.1.1 out of the box|
|Storage||64GB (can further be expanded up to 256GB with an external memory card)|
|Rear Camera||Two 13MP sensors with Carl Zeiss lenses, and an aperture of f/2.0|
|Front Camera||13MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture|
|Connectivity||4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth V5, NFC and GPS|
|Battery||3090 mAh (With Quick Charge 3.0)|
|Water Resistance||IP54 Certification|
|Fingerprint Sensor||Embedded in the home button|
|Price||€ 599 (expected around Rs. 45,200/-)|
With these specifications on board, the Nokia 8 will go head-to-head with some of the big flagships like Samsung Galaxy S8, HTC U11, LG G6 and the upcoming iPhone 8 and Galaxy Note 8. At the same time, it will also face competition from mid range flagships like OnePlus 5, Honor 8 and Mi 6 which are priced aggressively.
India Launch and Price
HMD Global has confirmed the India launch of the Nokia 8. It might hit the markets by late September or early October.
Interestingly, HMD prices their devices lower in India compared to their global prices. So, the Nokia 8 might come with a price tag between Rs. 42,000/- and Rs. 45,000/- in India.