Now, Another Lenovo K4 Note Explodes; 5 Precautions You Should Take!
Just a few hours back, a user on Twitter named Vigneshwaran V A (@Vignesh3319) shared few pictures of a Lenovo K4 Note that literally exploded into ashes.
— Vigneshwaran V A (@Vignesh3319) June 23, 2017
The user claimed, that the handset exploded into flames. The handset was just a feet away when it exploded, and fortunately, no one is hurt. The official Twitter handle of Lenovo India quickly responded to the tweet and offered further assistance. The user added, that the handset was placed just right next to his workstation and his quick and proactive safety measures averted the disaster.
This is not the first time a Lenovo K4 Note has exploded. A user named Tarun Kumar, last month complained of the same issue, of how his K4 Note exploded, sharing invoice and other details. But, most probably the issue is still unreported.
Even a video of a Lenovo K4 Note blast was uploaded on Youtube two months back, though no details of the handset were shared.
Lenovo K4 Notes uses a 3300 mAh BL-256 battery, and thousands of users of the K4 Note has complained of the overheating issue on Lenovo’s own community forum. Probably, the major cause behind the blast is the overheating of the battery and causing an imbalance in the processor.
What should you do if your Phone Overheats?
Overheating is one of the major cause behind cell phone blasts. In case you see, your handset is repeatedly overheating, it’s better to take it to the expert hands and visit the service centre. In case you see occasional overheating, here the few steps you should follow to prevent the overheating
- Avoid the direct sunlight to your handset as it is terrible for the phone. Avoid using the phone in the direct sunlight as much as possible.
- Turn off all the unused apps on your phone as the apps take up extra background usage and end up heating your phone.
- Level up the brightness right or better buy a glare screen. As high brightness overheats the phone and sucks up the battery at the same time.
- If your handset is already overheating, switch off the phone for a few minutes, and let the phone cool down.
How to Prevent a Mobile Blast?
There have been some worst mobile blast accidents in the past. Today, mobile is an indispensable part of our life, and it’s high time we take up some strict steps. Here are the few precautions you should follow in order to prevent a cell phone blast.
- Do not replace your phone battery with a fake battery. There might be dozens of cheap alternatives available in the market, but it’s better to spend a few more bucks for the original one, than risking your life.
- Not only the battery but the fake charger too. They charge the battery with varying voltages and cause imbalance, which leads to blasts.
- Don’t charge your phone overnight. Smartphone makers say it’s safe, but we don’t recommend it.
- The major cause behind almost all the blasts – Talking on the phone while charging it. This attracts higher frequencies and causes explosions.
- Never charge a wet phone. The water and the electricity together won’t give good results.
We have also made a video on our Youtube Channe in Hindi. Do check it out. Make sure you subscribe to our channel as well!