At Mobile World Congress 2017, HMD Global introduced the iconic Nokia 3310, and Nokia 3, 5 and 6 smartphones. It is very rare for a company to announce the grand launch of a feature phone these days, considering the growth of smartphones.
True to their word, Nokia has launched its iconic feature phone Nokia 3310 in India at Rs. 3,310, inspired by the Freedom 251 name value. The phone will be available from 18th May and only through offline channels in India.
- 2.4-inch polarised and curved screen window makes for better readability in sunlight
- A huge 1,200mAh battery, with a 22-hour talk time and 31 day standby time, Nokia Series 30+ operating system
- 16MB internal memory expandable up to 32GB using a microSD card
- It also comes with a tiny 2MP camera with a LED flash
- MicroUSB, Bluetooth 3.0 and 2G support. MP3 player and FM Radio
- Nokia has pre-installed the legendary Snake game
- A four-directional keypad in the middle like other similar Nokia feature phones
- The phone comes in Warm Red (Glossy), Dark Blue (Matte), Yellow (Glossy), Grey (Matte) colours
The original price of Nokia in Europe is 49 Euros, which translates to Rs. 3,450. This makes Nokia 3310 very competitively priced, and even slightly cheaper. While Nokia has done a good job in bringing this phone to the market, it is banking on the sentiment value of the phone.
“Talk all day on a single charge, send texts, take pictures and enjoy a pocket jukebox with a built-in FM Radio and MP3 player. Our reinvention of this classic design is sure to make you smile. It’s got everything you remember, but with a modern twist. So whether you’re after a feature phone that offers amazing battery life in a head-turning design or a companion phone, the Nokia 3310 won’t let you down,” said Ajey Mehta, VP (India), HMD Global.
The new Nokia 3310 looks a bit different from the older model, however, it has the same old feel to it. There is a strip that goes around the screen that reminds us of the old model and is very iconic to this phone.
In terms of the hardware, the phone is much better suited for the times today. It has a very basic MAD2WD1 CPU (based on ARM7TDMI) that pretty much does the job. It also has expandable storage up to 32GB which is a bonus point.
Most offline stores around will now have Nokia 3310, so rush to the shops on 18th May to get hold of this iconic phone. The phone might just get sold out so hurry up!
Here is a video on whether you should Buy Nokia 3310 or not! Do subscribe to our channel for more such videos