Leaks Offer a Look at the final Lenovo Moto G5 and G5 Plus; To be Priced Lower Than G4 and G4 Plus
Motorola turned its fortunes in India with the launch of its mid-range G-series smartphone. The phone was balanced and inexpensive, and could easily take on the overpriced Samsung smartphones that had become a rage.
Lenovo-owned Motorola quickly became a household name again and the company subsequently launched other products from its line up. This year, the company is going to launch the fifth iteration of the G-series in two versions, G and G Plus. K-Tronix, an ecommerce site, unknowingly leaked the photos and specifications of these phones.
The leak was captured by Evan Blass, a well known Twitter personality. The photos show that the smartphone will have a circular theme for the camera, like with the Moto Z and Z Plus smartphones launched last year.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) February 15, 2017
The two phones are expected to be unveiled in the first week of March, around Mobile World Congress 2017. They will feature an all-metal body with IP67 certification, which means it will be water-resistant to some extent.
Specifications of Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G will feature a 5-inch full HD display, while the G Plus has a larger 5.2-inch full HD display. Both the smartphone will come with Gorilla Glass 3 shield
- G features 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core CPU, coupled with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. G Plus will come with a better 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset with 2GB RAM and 64GB ROM. The memory on both the smartphones will be expandable to 128GB
- G Plus comes with a more efficient Adreno 506 GPU, while Moto G comes with Adreno 505 GPU
- Moto G has a 13MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and an LED flash, 5MP front camera. Moto G Plus has a 12MP primary shooter with dual autofocus pixels, LED flash, and a front 5MP shooter
- G will come with a smaller 2800mAh battery(with rapid charging) while G Plus will hold a larger 3000mAh battery(with turbo charging)
- Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, 4G LTE ready
- Fingerprint sensor on the front, Bluetooth 4.2
The smartphones are nearly equal in specs, and like for India, they will come with minimal differences in size. It can be noticed that the company chose to go with smaller screens this time to make sure the buyers have a decent choice to pick from.
Lenovo also says that the smartphones will be priced lower than the existing models, which means that once these are launched in India, they will come at around Rs. 11,000 for the cheapest model, and go till Rs. 14,000 for the higher end one.
Other than that, the phones look pretty much similar with the fingerprint sensor, single speaker grille at the top and the large bezels on both ends. It will be interesting to see the final prices of these phones in India, as other Chinese majors like LeEco, Xiaomi and Gionee have taken a strong hold of this segment."Leaks Offer a Look at the final Lenovo Moto G5 and G5 Plus; To be Priced Lower Than G4 and G4 Plus",