In an official announcement made today, Reliance Chairman, Mr. Mukesh Ambani announced that had been rumoured for last few weeks. Reliance Jio has extended their free unlimited voice and data offerings till March 31st, 2017. The new benefits will be available under Jio Happy New Year Offer!
Since it’s launch, Reliance Jio has acquired over 52 million customers and now with extension of free benefits, they should easily surpass 100 million customer mark in next couple of months.
What is Jio Happy New Year Offer
While it may be named differently, the benefits of Jio Happy New Year Offer remain the same as they were in case of Jio Welcome Offer, except for FUP on data, which has been further reduced. Starting 4th of December, 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications and content, absolutely FREE, till 31st March 2017. Please not that FUP on Jio Happy New Year offer will be 1GB as against 4G that was available to Welcome offer users
The existing customers will move to New Year offer starting January 1st, once their Welcome Offer expires. Till then, all existing customers will have an 4G Mobile data FUP of 4GB every day. Once the new offer kicks in, it will be reduced to 1GB.
After the FUP data is over, the user will have internet access at 128 kbps.
Even with the reduction of FUP, we think that majority of customers will not get affected, as majority of them anyways use less than that.
Also, this is sure to have a positive effect on Jio speeds – as the mobile data usage will get more evenly spread!
Even with FUP of 1GB a day, Reliance Jio is offering 30GB of free usage for all their customers, which still is quite significant.
Other Interesting announcements
- Mukesh Ambani in his speech did offer some interesting facts, here are some of them:
- On average, a Jio customer is using 25 TIMES more data than the average Indian broadband user.
- Jio has now successfully rolled out eKYC across 2 lakh outlets in India.
- By March 2017, Jio will be doubling its offline network to 4 Lakh digitally enabled outlets
- Jio claims that in the last 3 months , nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio customers to the networks of their three largest competitors have been blocked
- The call block rate have now come down from over 90% to nearly 20%
- Jio now fully supports mobile number portability, and all customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio.
- About 8% of Jio towers have experienced congestion due to abnormally high data usage
- Jio claims to be not only delivering 4 TIMES more data than all other Indian telecom operators combined, but also faster throughputs than any other mobile network in India
- 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily
If you have not got a Jio SIM as yet, you should get one. It does not cost you anything, and does offer you substantial voice and data benefits!"Reliance Jio Extends Free Voice, Data Benefits till March 2017 with Jio Happy New Year Offer",