Top 15 Indian Videos of 2015 – Find Out What Indians Watched Online
Last year, Facebook conducted a very interesting study on the relation between TV watching and consumption of videos online. They found that 62% of respondents between 13-24 years of age would rather give up watching TV compared to their mobile phones.
With more than a billion Youtube users in India; and approximately 4-5 billion video views per day on this platform; Internet is gradually overtaking TV as the preferred medium to watch moving images. On the other hand, Facebook has swiftly emerged as the most powerful competitor of Youtube as it witnessed 8 billion video views per day, which actually doubled since April, 2015 (it was 4 billion then).
What exactly are people watching online? Which videos generated maximum views? Just like last year, we are back again with a list of the most watched videos in India. For better sorting, we have divided the list into two categories: Short movies/Serial niche and Songs niche.
Considering that short movies and serial are longer, takes more time to prepare and have deeper meaning and relevance, we thought it was fair enough for creating a separate list for the same.
Without much ado, here are the top video list for 2015:
- 1 Short Movies/Serials Category
- 1.1 1. Chhota Bheem – aur – Krishna Jodi No. #1
- 1.2 2. Crime Patrol – Sting Operation 3 – Episode 500 – 26th April 2015
- 1.3 3. Kapil Sharma rocks in Star Guild Award with his anchoring
- 1.4 4. AIB : Honest Indian Weddings (Part 1)
- 1.5 5. PK MOVIE SPOOF || SHUDH DESI ENDINGS
- 1.6 6. Sujoy Ghosh’s Epic Thriller ‘Ahalya’
- 1.7 7. TVF’s Barely Speaking with Arnub | Arvind Kejriwal – E03: 3.6 million
- 1.8 8. Baahubali 2 | The Ending Spoof | By Srikanth Reddy: 3.08 million
- 1.9 9. Splitsvilla 8 – Episode 13 -Broken Promises
- 1.10 Special mention: TVF Pitchers
- 2 Songs Category
- 2.1 1. Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Video Song (OFFICIAL) | Yo Yo Honey Singh: 97 Million
- 2.2 2. ‘Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan’ VIDEO SONG | Roy | Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor | T-SERIES: 62 million
- 2.3 4. ‘Main Hoon Hero Tera’ VIDEO Song – Salman Khan | Hero | T-Series: 41 Million
- 2.4 5. Na Na Na Na | J Star | Full Official Video | Latest Punjabi Song 2015: 20 Million
- 2.5 6. Gulaabo | Official Song | Shaandaar | Alia Bhatt & Shahid Kapoor | Vishal Dadlani | Amit Trivedi: 16 Million
Short Movies/Serials Category
1. Chhota Bheem – aur – Krishna Jodi No. #1
Popularity of Chota Bheem series on Pogo TV has continued on Internet as well. Their serial: Chota Bheem aur Krishna Jodi generated 9.9 million views on Youtube.
2. Crime Patrol – Sting Operation 3 – Episode 500 – 26th April 2015
Crime Patrol, which Wiki declares as the longest running reality crime television series, was started in 2003 and have completed 12 years in 2015. Their episode #500 is the #1 watched Youtube video, with 10 million views.
This, is a perfect example of how mainstream TV is gradually integrating with Internet based entertainment.
3. Kapil Sharma rocks in Star Guild Award with his anchoring
Focus News channel shared the video of Kapil Sharma hosting the Star Guild Awards, which has generated 6.4 million views as of now. Thus, the top three videos on Youtube under Short Movie/Serial niche is dominated by TV.
4. AIB : Honest Indian Weddings (Part 1)
All India Bakchods, which is a popular Youtube based producers of entertainment videos created ‘Honest Wedding’ series, which became instant hit. The first episode generated whooping 6.1 million views.
5. PK MOVIE SPOOF || SHUDH DESI ENDINGS
Shudh Desi Endings which creates spoofs of popular movies is the rising star of Internet videos. Their spoof on PK Movie has generated 6.02 million views as of now.
6. Sujoy Ghosh’s Epic Thriller ‘Ahalya’
Sujoy Ghosh directed a short movie called ‘Ahalya’, in which Radhika Apte performed as the lead character. This short movie has generated 5.5 million hits on Youtube.
7. TVF’s Barely Speaking with Arnub | Arvind Kejriwal – E03: 3.6 million
Arunabh Kumar’s production company: TVF created an interesting, funny episode called ‘Barely Speaking With Arnub’ which has generated 3.6 million hits.
8. Baahubali 2 | The Ending Spoof | By Srikanth Reddy: 3.08 million
TeluguOne’s spoof on the ending of Bahubali movie became an instant hit, as the video has generated 3.08 million hits.
9. Splitsvilla 8 – Episode 13 -Broken Promises
MTV is slowly but gradually feeling the pulse of Internet generation, as their youth centric show Splitsvilla’s episode #13 generated 2.5 million views on Youtube.
Special mention: TVF Pitchers
TVF created a path breaking web-serial for entrepreneurs called TVF Pitchers, which has attained a cult status among youth. Special mention of their effort, as their three episodes generated more than 5 million views on Youtube. The rest of the episode are now only available on their website.
TVF Pitchers: Episode one: 2.8 million
TVF Pitchers : Episode 2: 1.6 million
TVF Pitchers: Episode 3: 2.1 million
1. Dheere Dheere Se Meri Zindagi Video Song (OFFICIAL) | Yo Yo Honey Singh: 97 Million
Honey Singh has once again asserted his dominance within the Indian music industry with his new song in partnership with T-Series, Hritik Roshan and Sonam Kapoor. This remix was a dedication to the founder of T-Series, Gulshan Kumar.
2. ‘Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan’ VIDEO SONG | Roy | Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor | T-SERIES: 62 million
T-Series has again proved why they are the #1 music company in India. Their song ‘Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan’ has generated 62 million views as of now.
3. Badshah – DJ Waley Babu | feat Aastha Gill | Party Anthem Of 2015 | DJ Wale Babu: 43 million
Sony India came up with a new age party song with Aastha Gill; and it is a big hit.With 43 million views and counting, this is the #3 most viewed song on Youtube.
4. ‘Main Hoon Hero Tera’ VIDEO Song – Salman Khan | Hero | T-Series: 41 Million
Salman Khan’s own song: Main Hoon Hero Tera stuck a chord with music lovers, as it generated 41 million views.
5. Na Na Na Na | J Star | Full Official Video | Latest Punjabi Song 2015: 20 Million
J Star Production’s Punjabi song Na Na Na Na has suddenly climbed to became #5 biggest hit on Youtube with 20 million views.
6. Gulaabo | Official Song | Shaandaar | Alia Bhatt & Shahid Kapoor | Vishal Dadlani | Amit Trivedi: 16 Million
Zee Music company’s song from movie Shaandar is a popular one among song lovers, as it has generated almost 16 million hits.
What are you top list of videos for 2015?