[Disclaimer: Tata Docomo is an advertiser with Trak.in]
Tata Docomo which has been known for its innovative data and voice plans have launched a revolutionary plan which allows unlimited voice calling for their post paid customers for only Rs. 899/-. And if you are thinking it is only on Tata’s Network, it is not.
According to the details available on their website, Tata Docomo users availing this plan can make unlimited calls on any landline or mobile network, local or STD for only Rs. 899 per month.
Honestly – This plan has potential to be more revolutionary more than even 1 second billing which Tata Docomo has launched couple of years back and now has become a norm in Indian Telecom Industry!
I went through the details of this unlimited plan given on the Tata Docomo website and I could not find any catch. There is only one thing – users who want to subscribe for this plan will have to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs. 850/-. And as usual is the case 12.36% of service tax is charged for post paid users. The final bill for uses will be Rs. 1010/- inclusive of everything.
Interestingly, Tata Docomo has been loosing its market share for past 6 months. They have been hit the most with Mobile Number Portability. Their subscribers have been moving to other providers in hordes. With launch of this unlimited calling plan, Tata may get back more subscribers than what it has lost over last few months
Over 97% of Indian mobile subscribers are pre-paid subscribers and this plan is not applicable for them. However, for heavy post paid users, there cannot be a better plan than this. For eg: someone like me who gets a monthly mobile bill of about two thousand rupees or more can now halve their bill and not worry about frequency and duration of calls (not that I worry now…).
I am also thinking about all those landline users who get hefty bills – They can now switch to Tata Docomo’s unlimited plan and not worry about their bills.
Tata Docomo’s Unlimited Calling Plan Terms & Conditions
- Refundable security deposit of Rs. 850/- on new activations is mandatory with this plan.
- Existing customers migrating on this plan also need to pay refundable security deposit of Rs. 850/-.
- Service Tax as applicable will be charged.
- There are no CLIP charges across any of the plans.
- On-Net includes all Calls, SMS to Tata DOCOMO, Tata DOCOMO on CDMA mobile and Virgin mobile numbers.
- Off-Net includes all Calls, SMS sent to other networks.
- Local means Calls, SMS to any network.
- Any unutilized usage will lapse at the end of offer validity days.
- National means Calls, SMS to any network within India.
- All SMS rates are for person to person SMS’s and will not be applicable on Blackout days.
- There is no charge for Call Waiting.
- There are no rentals for Call Forward & Call conference.
- The above-mentioned tariffs on the plans are composite rates and are inclusive of Interconnect Usage charges.
- For new customers the plan will be effective from date of activation.
- Plan change will not get effected in case the number is suspended at the time of plan change and will happen with effect from the next billing cycle.
- Billing Cycle for this plan is of 30 days.
- All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of circle headquarter only.
- TTSL reserves the right to change any plan, scheme and tariff offered to the customer at any time with reasonable notice and without incurring any liability.
- Note: The Security Deposit (SD)* after adjustment of dues if any, will be refunded to subscribers within a time frame of 60 (Sixty) days from the Disconnection date.
So if you are one of those users who get very high bills, here is a chance to save tons on your mobile bill. Go ahead make the switch!