Google is really taking Indian Market very seriously – According to an announcement today by Google has launched –India Get Your Business Online – initiative that will offer Indian Small & Medium sized Businesses completely free website along with a .in domain name.
Additionally, this initiative offers businesses free Email Addresses backed with 365 day support. Essentially, everything that you will need to get your business online.
Given the potential of growth in India – Google has played a master-stroke here by making it absolutely easy for Indian Businesses to come online.
How to avail free Website / domain offer from Google
Just head over to India Get your Business Online website, choose your domain name, fill up a form giving some of the details and you are done.
What all things do you get?
- Free: It’s free to set up your website. The domain is free for 1 year, and it’s free to maintain your website for 12 months.
- Quick: The website tool takes 15 minutes from sitting down to being found online
- Easy: You don’t need to be a tech whiz to get started. All you need to start is your address, phone number, TAN/CIN or PAN to verify you as a business
- The website is simple because customers are looking for simple information online
- Gives you your own .in domain
- Other features include photos/logos, integration with social media platforms
- You get a Google Apps account – free personalized email ids
- If you want to make your website work harder, you’ll have access to steady stream of free tips and tools from the Getting Indian Business Online team and a free coupon of worth Rs. 2500 INR advertising trial from Google AdWords to help promote your site.
- After the first year, SMBs can choose to pay a monthly pay-as-you-go to maintain their website using hostgator.
- At the end of the first year, they’ll have to pay a nominal charge if they wish to renew their domain name. They can cancel their website at any time.
India get your business online program is also supported by Federation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), popularly known as FISME. FISME, the non-profit organization will work with Google India to help SMBs get online through direct customer outreach and events.
All in all, this is a great initiative by Google! What is your take?