The First decade of new millennium was dominated by one career stream and everyone was after that – The Software / IT jobs. But with time, other streams have cropped up and now are getting favour of many.
Ignoring the last few months, all sectors of the economy and industries have boomed.
Here are the 5 hot careers of 2011.
Domestic airlines in India have ramped up their operations in the last few years and have even bigger plans going forward. Jet Airways, SpiceJet, Indigo and Kingfisher already fly to international destinations and are expanding their operations rapidly. All the new planes are going to need more and more Pilots. They are set to expand as the need to be in different places in shorter time increases among the Indian population. Being a Pilot will give you an attractive salary, the tag of a glamorous occupation and the chance to travel extensively. As a warning, we must tell you that becoming a Pilot is not cheap and you will end up spending anywhere between 15 to 25 lakhs until you get the Commercial Pilot License (CPL).
Pre-requisites to become a Aviation Pilot
- You must have passed 10+2 in science stream, with atleast 60% aggregate marks.
- You must then associate yourself with a flying club in India that has been approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- After clearing medical and physical fitness tests, you must gain 60 hours of flying and pass 4 theory papers to attain the Private Pilot License (PPL).
- You will then need to complete 250 hours of flying, get a medical clearance (within 3 years time of your flying hours) and then appear for the various exams to attain a CPL.
- Visit the DGCA website for further details.
No, we are not talking about bookkeeping here, ladies and gentlemen. As we usher into an age of technology and business innovations, the need for commercial and financial masterminds in the big corporate houses is increasing day by day. Forget working in the local CA firm as a Tax Accountant or an Auditor. We think that your CA qualification can take you a long way in the corporate sector.
Be prepared to indulge into strategy, forecasting, funding, funds managing, financial structure and much more. You will find glorious pay packages, a 9-5 work environment, benefits of working with top corporate, commercial and industrial houses and the perks that come along with being an executive.
Pre-requisites to become a Chartered Accountant
- To be eligible for commencing the CA course, you must have passed 10+2 in the commerce stream.
- Visit the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India website for course structure, duration, eligibility and other details.
We think that the modern Indian has left behind the idea of leaving the interiors for their new home to the contractors. More and more people are now hiring specialized interior designers to add style, convenience and even eco-friendly touches to their new homes.
If you think you have a passionate designer inside you, you should definitely consider this hot and upcoming career. You can work either as a freelancer, have your own company, or work for a firm. The possibilities are endless.
Pre-requisites to become an Interior Designer
- Although no formal qualifications are required, we think that it is a basic requirement to pursue atleast one of the various interior designing courses (diploma, or a full fledged course at some of the reputed universities in India) available.
- Work with a reputed firm to give your career a boost.
- Once you have experience and industry contacts by your side, you can choose to specialize (residential, commercial, etc) or even start your own firm.
- Few of the well known institutions offering courses in interior designing are Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, NID, GIFT and Arch Academy of Design.
Whether they are corporate events, parties, concerts, seminars or cultural festivals, India Inc is abuzz with bigger and better events. The need for professional and well managed event management companies is growing day by day. We think that this career is for people who like to build contacts, who are good at delegating work and don’t mind spending a lot of time out on the road.
Pre-requisites to become an Event Manager
- Although there are no formal qualifications required to be a successful event manager, we find it critical that students must pursue Event Management Courses that are available.
- To get an idea about the various courses that are available, check out the NIEM or NAEMD websites.
Yes, Civil Services are back! A career in the Civil services is one of the most under rated careers in India. In the day of Anna Hazare, the need to change is looming on India. We need more intellectual and youthful minds running the show. If you think that you can bring a change, if you think that you can make a difference or if you think that you can help India shine, by all means, go for a career in the Civil Service.
- You will need to clear the Civil Services Examination held by the Union Public Service Commission.
- You must hold a degree from a recognised university in India.
- You may choose to work in the Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS), Indian Foreign Services (IFS), and many more departments of the infrastructure of the Indian Government.
- For more details on eligibility, requirements, examination structure and more, visit the Civil Services and UPSC websites.
- Are any of the above careers your liking? If they are, go for it because we think that they are going to boom in the coming years.
Here is a disclaimer – We think these career streams are hot and it is possible that you may not agree, as each one has his / her own point of view. If you think that