The Indian Median & Entertainment Industry has shown strong growth recovery in 2010 by logging growth of 11% over 2009 and touching Rs 65,200 crore (USD 14 billion) in revenue and is estimated to achieve a growth rate of 13% in 2011. Overall, Indian Media & Entertainment Industry is set to double to USD 28 bn logging a CAGR of 14%.
These figures are from soon to be released FICCI-KPMG report on Indian Media & Entertainment Industry.
Total Advertising spends stood at USD 5.9 billion, witnessing excellent growth of 17% over 2009. The ad spends now account for 41% of overall Media & Entertainment market in India.
Following are the key highlights of the report:
- Television industry grew by 15.5 percent in 2010
- Television households to surge to 156 million by 2015
- Advertising revenues to touch $4.5 billion
- Subscription revenues to touch $9.25 billion
- Overall print industry to see annual growth of 10 percent
- Revenues to touch $6.9 billion in five years
- Regional print expected to grow at a higher rate of 12 percent
- Scale of industry expected to increase multi-fold
- New regulation expected in regulation and royalty structure
- Industry expected to grow at 20 percent per annum and become profitable
- 2010 has been quite challenging for Film sector
- Correction expected with multiplexes, research and cost rethink
- Industry expected to grow to $2.9 billion by 2015.
The complete report will be presented at FICCI Frames 2011 (March 23 – March 25) an entertainment and business summit of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry starting Wednesday.
We will bring you more details as soon as we manage to get our hands on it!