According to report released by Grand Thornton 46 M&A deals took place in October amounting to USD 530 Million.
Here are some of the highlights of M&A survey
- This year corporate India has announced 546 M&A deals worth USD 42,759 million.
- The amount is highest in last two years both in terms of value as well as number of deals.
- In October USD 390 Million worth of outbound deals were stuck.
- Inbound deals where foreign companies acquired Indian businesses amounted to $100 million.
- The total value of domestic deals in October 2010 was $40 million
- Pharma, healthcare and biotech sectors were stars attracting five transactions amounting to USD 250 million.
- Banking and financial services attracted USD 68.39 million worth of deals, while IT and ITeS saw $56.22 million.
- The total value of M&A, PE (Private Equity) and QIP (Qualified Institutional Placement) deals in October stood at $1.88 billion.
- PE deals amounted to $310 million through 26 transactions, there were 10 Qualified Institutional Placements (QIP) valued at $1.04 billion during October 2010.