Given the rise of Mobile Internet users in past few years – it has become quite important to have mobile (or lite) version of your blog. Mobile users generally do not like to download (relatively) heavy blog that are made for normal internet connections and web browsers.
There are number of solutions for bloggers (for both WordPress & Blogger platforms) and I have personally tried a few of them, but I have not been too satisfied – Either they are too complex to setup or they are not exactly mobile-friendly.
Here at trak.in, we had been using custom mobile blogger solution for past couple of months from Mobstac and were quite satisfied with what they had to offer. However, now Mobstac has gone ahead and launched a platform which allows bloggers to create mobile version of their blog. I got trak.in’s mobile version up and running on the new platform in under 5 minutes.
Here are some of the features Mobstac has to offer:
Mobstac team also has plans to offer analytics as well as advertising integration in their future releases.
Here is how to setup Mobile version of your site on Mobstac:
- Sign-up for your Mobstac blogger account – You will need to put an invite code for successful sign-up (Put TRAKINFAN)
- Confirm your account upon sign-up
- Enter your URL (For Eg: http://trak.in) and let Mobstac scan your site.
- Fill in the requisite details and move to next step.
- Once completed Mobstac will provide you with a url of your mobile blog (yourmobileblog.mobstac.com).
Now, to setup the mobile version of blog on your domain (like m.trak.in), you will have to just point CNAME records pointing to the URL given by Mobstac. Don’t worry, it is not too difficult, Mobstac will give clear instructions on what needs to be done.
So there you have it – The mobile version of your blog. Remember to use “TRAKINFAN” when you signup :)