I am sure you must have seen the new Tata DOCOMO Buddynet Ads recently being played on Television. Tata DOCOMO has been forefront in launching innovative services for its users like 1 second billing, which now has become a common-place with all mobile service providers.
With Buddynet platform users can get FREE access to Twitter, facebook, Orkut, LinkedIn and all Instant Messengers (through Nimbuzz) – No Data charges, No GPRS Packs needed.
Tata DOCOMO BuddyNet members can browse through these five social networking sites without having to pay any browsing charge thus enabling them to share posts, information and chat absolutely free of charge. The free browsing is available on both Tata DOCOMO Dive- in and Tata DOCOMO ‘INTERNET’ APN’s.
90% of users use their GPRS services for Social Networking and email. With Buddynet launch, Tata is targeting the young mobile users who literally spend most of their time on sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Buddynet TV Commercial
Here are some Terms and conditions that you need to be aware of:
- The free browsing benefit is only applicable to browsing the specified SN web/wap-sites namely – Facebook, Twitter, Nimbuzz, Linked- in and Orkut. However any embedded applications and external URLs/Links will be charged at base tariff rates( i.e. 1ps/1kb)
- Free SNS browsing offer on BuddyNet is a limited period offer and can be modified or withdrawn by the company at its sole discretion.
- It will be applicable to all Tata DOCOMO customers enrolled for BuddyNet. The benefits will be applicable only while the customer is a member of BuddyNet
- Currently upto 2GB usage/ month is free . thereafter the Fair usage policy (FUP) will apply on Free usage under this offer. This limit may be modified from time to time by the company at its sole discretion.
- The benefit on free SNS on BuddyNet will start at 12 midnight on the day of activation of buddy-net.
- Skype applications are blocked on the Nimbuzz site.
- This promotional offer is valid on Tata DOCOMO Home & Tata DOCOMO roaming networks only, other roaming networks it will be charged at 10p/10kb.
- The customer handset must support GPRS to avail of this benefit.
- In case there is any change made to Social by the respective parties then Tata DOCOMO cannot be held responsible for any data charges that can accrue on your account.