It seems that we are well past recession – The best indicator of that is how corporations see the future growth – If they are positive, they hire !
That’s exactly what is happening in India currently – based on a survey conducted on more than 6000 companies spanning 30 countries, it found that 71% of Indian companies are hiring and will be doing so over next quarter as well. And why not, all sectors are registering fantastic growth over last couple of months – Infact, services sector has grown the fastest in past 16 months.
Here are some of the findings of the Survey:
- Nigeria (79 per cent) is the only country to have a higher rate of hiring than India’s
- 71 per cent of Indian companies surveyed said they were currently hiring compared to less than half in last September
- Indian firms plan on increasing their hiring activity even more, with 78 per cent expecting to hire managerial staff over the next three months
- Only 16% companies are letting people go currently
- China and Pakistan also have high rates of hiring at 71 per cent and 70 per cent respectively
- Manufacturing & auto sectors along with the traditional IT, FMCG, pharma companies are in forefront in recruiting new people
The picture indeed looks quite rosy ahead !