Opera released the numbers for Mobile Internet usage for the month of July and as expected there is tremendous growth YoY in Mobile Internet Usage.
Opera Mini is supposedly the most widely downloaded mobile app, so this reports is quite significant and probably give us good insight on the trends of mobile Internet Usage.
Here are some of the highlights of the report on Mobile Internet Usage:
Following are the top 10 countries in Opera Mini Usage:
- South Africa
- United States
It is actually quite Interesting that Indonesia which has fraction of Mobile users than India and China comes at number 2.
Some of the other Global Trends that Opera found for month of July were:
- In July , nearly 29.1 million people used Opera Mini, a 9.9% increase from June 2009 and more than 145% compared to July 2008. These numbers reflect only the Opera Mini users who have specifically chosen to install the browser on their phone.
- Those 29.1 million people viewed more than 12 billion pages in July 2009. Since June, page views have gone up 15.4%. Since July 2008, page views have increased 223%.
- Opera Mini users last month generated nearly 187 million MB of data for operators worldwide.
- Since June, the data consumed went up by 11.0%. Data in Opera Mini is compressed up to 90%. If this data were uncompressed, Opera Mini users would have viewed over 1.7 PB of data in July. Since July 2008, data traffic is up 223%.
Here are some of the India specific Facts about Mobile Internet usage:
- Page-view growth since July 2008: 402.8%
- Unique-user growth since July 2008: 40.8%
- Page-views per user: 379
Top 10 sites in India (previous rank)
- songs.pk (5)
- facebook.com (7)
- youtube.com (8)
- my.opera.com (9)
- peperonity.com (10)
- zedge.net (new)
Top handsets for July 2009
- Nokia N70
- Nokia N73
- Nokia 3110c
- Nokia 6300
- Nokia N72
- Nokia 3500c
- Nokia 6233
- Sony Ericsson W200i
- Nokia 5310
- Sony Ericsson K750i
Thats the kind of domination that Nokia has in India, out of top 10 phones, 8 phones are Nokia for people using Mobile Internet. The other 2 are Sony Ericsson – No Motorola, No Samsung.