If you had Infosys Technologies on your mind, you are right!
According to the survey conducted by Wall Street Journal on Top 200 most admired companies in Asia, Infosys Technologies has been named the most Admired company in India.
Here is a run down on the most admired Indian Companies:
Top 10 Most admired companies in India
- Infosys Technologies (Annual Sales of over $4 billion)
- Tata Consultancy Services (largest Indian Outsourcer by Sales)
- Bharti Airtel (In mergers talks with MTN Group)
- Larsen & Toubro (in deal to build nuclear reactors)
- Wipro (Global workforce of close to 100k)
- Tata Steel (Manufacturing units in 27 countries)
- Hindustan Lever (has more than 400 brands)
- HDFC Bank (Incorporated in 1994)
- State Bank of India (planning to add 1000 branches)
- ITC (Wide-range Conglomerate)
Infosys Technologies is adjudged as the most admired company in India followed by TCS and Bharti Airtel in 2 and 3rd position respectively.
The ranking has broadly taken 5 different aspects into consideration.
- Financial Reputation
- Corporate Reputation
Following are the individual ranking of various parameters:
With the biggest reserves and deposits than any other bank in India, SBI takes the numero Uno position when it comes to Financial Reputation. Reliance Industries, followed by HDFC bank complete the top 3 positions.
Infosys Technologies known for its exemplary Governance and transparency in corporate dealing comes at top followed by 2 Tata companies, TCS and Tata Steel
Again with excellent quality of Software deliveries, Infosys takes the top position, followed by L&T and Bharti Airtel.
Now this is a big surprise to me, TCS takes in the top position in Innovation. I always related TCS as a Volume player without much innovation, but I seem to be completely wrong here.
Infact, TCS is the most admired company for innovation, followed by Bharti Airtel and Infosys Technologies
With visionaries like Narayan Murthy and Nandan Nilekani at the helm, Infosys Technologies had to take the top position when it comes to vision. Tata Steel surprisingly (at least for me) comes at 2nd followed by Reliance Industries.