The phenomenal growth in the Indian mobile market has been nothing short of miracle. It has clocked nearly 100% growth year on year.
Here are some of the highlights:
Indian Telecom Overview
- Crossed 217 million subscriber base in Oct 2007 with approx. 8 million subscribers adding monthly
- Despite record growth only 23% of India population owns a phone
- Projected to touch nearly 500 million subscribers by 2010
- Prepaid subscriptions account for 85% of total subscriber base.
- VAS services contribute around 7% of total wireless telecom revenues
- Total Market size of VAS is expected to touch USD 926 million by end of 2007
This 138 slide slideshare presentation (released in December 2007) gives a comprehensive coverage of Indian Mobile and VAS Industry. It took me more than an hour to go through this whole presentation, but it was worth every minute. Any body even remotely interested in Indian mobile VAS market should definitely go through this presentation.
This presentation covers in detail Indian telecom overview and future outlook, Current VAS scenario, VAS value chain, key challenges and hurdles, VAS outlook and projections.
It is recommended that you see this presentation in full screen mode as there is lot of textual information not visible in regular mode.