Micromax Starts Canvas 4 Pre-Booking at Rs. 5000
Micromax is flying high with super success of their Canvas line of phones. Now they are extending the Canvas series with yet another upgraded smartphone – The Micromax Canvas 4 A210.
Micromax has gone ahead and launched a dedicated website that will allow pre-booking of Canvas 4 for a price of Rs. 5000. It is big shift from how they have launched their previous Canvas phones.
Earlier, Micromax had tie-ups with sites like Snapdeal to pre-book, fulfill and deliver the handsets. However, during the canvas A116 launch, they had lot of issues with delivery, and hence Micromax seems to have taken the reigns in their own hands.
Interestingly, the site www.canvas-4.com does not offer any pricing details or specifications about the phone. It only has a separate page for Terms & Conditions.
Given the runaway success of their previous canvas phones, Micromax seems to be quite confident of getting sizeable pre-booking numbers.
Micromax Canvas 4 Key Specifications (Unofficial)
- CPU – Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex A7
- RAM – 2GB
- Screen – 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- GPU – PowerVR Series 5XT GPU
- OS – Android 4.2.2 JellyBean
- Camera – 13 MP rear /3.2 or 5 MP front
- Sim – Dual SIM GSM
- Connectivity – 3G, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Battery – 3000 mAH
- In-built Memory – 8GB
- Final Cost – Rumoured to be around Rs. 18,000/-
Canvas 4 Pre-Order Terms
Some of the terms listed on their page are quite interesting. Interested buyers need to pay Rs. 5000 now and remaining amount will be charged at the time of delivery of the product. The full price of the smartphone will be announced on 8th of July 2013.
I think one of the main reasons for not announcing the price right now is the rupee exchange rate which has been quite volatile. They faced lot of issues due to rupee exchange rates during Canvas HD launch and had to increase the price later.
Here is the process for booking Micromax Canvas 4:
- After pre-booking the Canvas 4, users will receive an automated email from micromaxestore.com stating their login details
- After logging in, users can view their details along with the balance amount which will be made available on the 8th July & can transact simply by clicking on proceed to pay tab on www.canvas-4.com
- Customers will have a 7 day window after the 8th July i.e. till 15th July to pay the remaining balance or to cancel the order.
- Post 15th of July, if the customer has not paid the remaining amount his/her order will stand cancelled and the amount will be refunded back to the account of the customer.
Micromax is expected to start shipments of products from 10th of July for all the customers who have pre-booked. To push pre-booking Micromax has also launched a lucky draw where users who have booked before 6th of July will be invited to attend the launch of Canvas 4 on 8th of July in Delhi.
So, if you have been waiting for Canvas 4, now is the time!