BYOD, or “Bring Your Own Devices” is one of the biggest challenge faced by Enterprises in today’s world, especially from security point of view. While BYOD has many advantages, managing enterprise data securely on these disparate and fragmented smart devices is a nightmare.
Airtel, India’s leading Telecom operator, today announced launch of their Dynamic Mobile Exchange Solution, which resolves, atleast partially, some of the problems faced by the enterprise network administrators.
The Dynamic Mobile Exchange (DME) solution offered by Airtel allows employees to access data securely from anywhere on any device of their choice. The DME solution allows enterprise network admins to remotely manage security policies, device settings, certificates, applications and operating systems allowing them to control the flow of data to BYOD users.
Key Features of Airtel’s Dynamic Mobile Exchange (DME)
- Secure email – Email security across multiple device platforms
- Containerization – Segregatespersonal & official email, data, applications and other documents in separate containers
- Corporate App store (App Box) – Allows any enterprise to launch its own corporate app store
- Remote Device Manager -Management, administration, remote management of users, devices and applications of mobile fleet of any Enterprise user
- Bundled Offering – Offers mobile handheld bundled with 2G/3G data along with mobile application and DME solution
- Turnkey deployment - Provision, Installation & activation along with Enterprise call center. L1\ L2 and L3 onsite support handled by Airtel
One of the most appealing features of DME is compartmentalization of personal and official data. Incase of device theft or loss, admins can remotely wipe off entire data thereby protecting sensitive enterprise information.
Solutions like DME are becoming increasingly important because 7 out of 10 professionals now access official data on their personal devices and less than 20 percent of this data is currently well-managed.
Airtel has introduced DME at a very opportune time, as smartphones and tablets are now becoming a norm amongst professionals!
Among other Indian Telecom operators, Vodafone launched a hardware solution called Vodafone Secure Device Manager few months back. Other operators may soon follow suite as well!